TRAINING & CONSULTING SERVICES
NARA contracts with states, Canadian provinces and countries to produce on-site training that focuses on the Licensing Curriculum leading to the NARA Level 1 Credential for regulators as well as specialized and in-depth training related to investigation and regulatory topics. The training provides new and advanced regulators with a thorough background of what it means to be a regulator, how one regulates to ensure the providers protect the health, safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults in care, and further provides a blueprint to the collection of evidence and preparation for success in administrative hearings or reaching settlement agreements that lead to compliance. These services enhance and refine the delivery by states, provinces and countries of licensing services by regulators to providers.
In addition, NARA offers agencies in-depth consulting services tailored to specific needs such as:
- Development of interpretive guidelines for licensing rules
- Manual development or revision (e.g. for policies, procedures and rules)
- Best practices training
- Needs assessment
- Workload assessments
- Review of administrative policies and procedures and licensing enforcement systems
- Design and implementation of efficient licensing measurement systems and automation systems, such as key indicator systems
- Operational analyses of the licensing program
- Review and revision assistance with licensing rules
- Research; and assistance with strengthening licensing within quality rating systems
- Inter-rater/inspector reliability training
Contact NARA with your agency's particular needs.